Time & Attendance Administrator
Albany, NY - Posted: 10/19/16 | SHARE:
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Office of Human Resources Management seeks to fill a Personnel Associate position to serve as Time & Attendance Administrator. The successful candidate will work as part of a team of Human Resource professionals in a fast-paced, customer service oriented, culturally diverse, union environment. The Time & Attendance Administrator will have primary responsibility for the administration of medical leaves for the 3300+ University employees including FMLA, workers' compensation, leave donation, and sick leave at half pay programs. This position also oversees the Time Records unit responsible for time reporting, leave accrual benefits, and overtime reporting. Educating the campus community about time reporting and leave related topics, via training, meeting with employees and supervisors, and responding to general inquiries is a key component of this position. The campus is also looking to implement a new time and attendance system for which this position will play a key role.
The person selected for this position will be responsible for compliance with Federal regulations, State program guidelines, SUNY policies and six bargaining unit contracts with respect to time & attendance and leave programs. The ability to interpret general guidelines and apply them to specific circumstances is important. The candidate must be able to work with confidential information and communicate clearly with supervisors and employees. Ability to analyze data and perform complex calculations will be necessary in this position.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- At least one year of work experience in a professional, administrative role if the Bachelor's degree is in Human Resources, Labor Relations or other related field; OR two or more years of human resource related work experience or four or more years of work experience in a professional, administrative role if the Bachelor's degree is not in a related field
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience conducting training and/or public speaking
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience manipulating spreadsheets
- Must be a fast, motivated, independent learner
- Applicants must address their ability to work with a culturally diverse population in their application
- FMLA and/or Workers' Compensation experience
- Experience with NYS benefit programs
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with databases and data queries
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Personnel Associate - MP-5
Special Notes: This is a NYS Management/Confidential designated position which serves at the pleasure of the hiring authority.
Closing date for applications will be November 11, 2016.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=77379
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications, any applicable preferred qualifications, and applicant's ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Finalists will be required to provide three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.