Training Program Coordinator (R16-41)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 09/16/16
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a Training Program Coordinator to supervise/coach/mentor four senior-level trainer/curriculum developers and two technical writers in developing and delivering job-related training and workforce performance support and resources. Project serves an audience of 1,800 adult learners/workers in Division of Child Support Enforcement offices located across NYS. Must possess solid knowledge of instructional design as well as the ability to identify and match work assignments with project staff strengths, and to guide and supervise curriculum development, training delivery and other project activities. Ability to gather and interpret needs information from project sponsor, and to conceptualize appropriate blended learning and other solutions using varied training delivery approaches and methods. Expertise in project management, group process and facilitation.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design, development, and delivery of adult training programs in traditional and non-traditional settings (e.g., web-based asynchronous and synchronous training)
- Requires experience in project management, staff development, and two years' supervisory experience including coaching and managing project teams, motivating and developing skills of staff
- Proficiency with group process and facilitation skills. Requires strong instructional design background and knowledge of e-learning development tools
- Computer proficiency including electronic mail, calendar, document sharing, document templates and presentation tools preferably MS Outlook, SharePoint, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities as well as work under pressure
- Strong team and customer orientation
- Thorough knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design process
- Ability to travel and work variable hours
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience with developing training using emerging training delivery methods
- Experience with child support or other NYS social service/public welfare programs
- Proficiency with other computer tools such as learning management systems
- Presentation tools, and web-based training or meeting development or delivery tools such as iLinc, Lectora, Camtasia, GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar
Salary Range: Up to $70,000
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"):http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a cover letter that explains your ability and interest in meeting the requirements of this position.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.