Training Specialist (Integration of Technology
Albany, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 06/21/16
Vacancy Number: 2016-282
Basic Function: Increase in program demand for instructional support and training for suite of Distance Learning services, including full Distance Learning, expanded DL, videoconferencing, and desktop collaboration solutions.
Responsibilities: Specifically, the work involves responsibility for training and instructing school district administrators, teachers and teaching staff on using classroom software applications supported by a BOCES Regional Information Center (RIC). The incumbent also provides leadership, guidance and technical assistance to school districts, administrators, teachers and teaching staff regarding planning and implementing technology integration into curricula in alignment with current New York State learning standards. The incumbent also provides leadership, guidance and technical assistance in district-wide technology planning as it related to state and federal reporting and grant applications. The incumbent collaborates with appropriate instructional and technical staff to support, manage and optimize the use of instructional software and network resources to support quality teaching and learning. This skilled professional works independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Starting Salary: $43,683-$58,677 – Based on experience. Prorated to the amount of service rendered. The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
1. Holds a current New York State teaching and/or administrative certificate;
2. Degree in instructional and/or Assistive Technology preferred;
3. At least three (3) years of successful, full-time experience as a classroom teacher preferred;
4. Two (2) years professional development experience educating teachers or other adults in the integration of technology for instruction and productivity using all of the following modes: modeling, one-on-one, small group, or large group preferred;
5. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience delivering and integrating technology in instructional programs for Pre K – 12 students preferred.
Please visit www.olasjobs.org
Further Information Contact: Capital Region BOCES 900 Watervliet-Shaker Rd. Albany, NY 12205