Training Specialist (Regional Special Ed Training Specialist)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 07/05/16
Vacancy Number: 2017-06
Location: Educational Support Services – (Regional Special Education Technical Assistance Support Center) *Note that this position will be located at the Adirondack Ed Center in Saranac Lake, NY
Basic Function: Provides regional training and technical assistance on special education topics identified by NYSED and per the Regional Workplan, consistent with federal and State law, regulations and policy.
Responsibilities: Provides regional training and technical assistance. Collaborates with peers on training initiatives. Maintains records and submits reports per SED requirements.
Starting Date: August 1, 2016
Starting Salary: $43,683-$58,677 prorated to the amount of service rendered. The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
• Minimum qualifications: Master’s degree in special education, psychology, school psychology, reading, or a related service; or
• Bachelor’s degree in education, special education, psychology, school psychology, reading or speech and language and a Master’s degree in education and/or educational administration; and
• five years’ experience in teaching or provision of related services for students with disabilities and/or administration of special education programs for students with disabilities.
• Experience in data-driven school improvement and the provision of professional development.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate.
Please visit www.olasjobs.org
Application Deadline: July 19, 2016
Further Information Capital Region BOCES 900 Watervliet-Shaker Rd. Albany, NY 12205