- Becker Career Center
- UNIX Systems Administrator, Financial Information Services Agency (FISA), New York, NY
UNIX Systems Administrator
New York, NY - Posted: 12/07/16 | SHARE:
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a UNIX Systems Administrator to support ongoing production maintenance and enhancement to various HR/Payroll applications.
This role will be a technical position responsible for the installation, maintenance and configuration of the servers supporting infrastructure of critical citywide applications including NYCAPS, CityTime, PMS and PPMS. This person will function as the technical administrator for the group and work with various teams, and will need to have ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- Strong experience in AIX 6.1/7.1
- Strong experience in Solaris 10/11
- Strong experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Ability to provision bare metal installs, configure, operate and maintain systems
- Perform OS upgrades and patch installations
- Strong Shell scripting (bash/ksh, PERL, Python)
- Strong knowledge of Server virtualization, micro partitioning, Dynamic LPAR, LOOM, Zones, VMware VM
- Strong Knowledge of GPFS and Oracle RAC Architecture, configuration and implementation
- Support Backup and Recovery and Performance and Tuning of AIX, Solaris and RHEL
- Knowledge of VMware administration and support experience
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere (ESX and ESXi), vCenter Operations Manager
- Experience with Symantec NetBackup, VMware NetBackup implementation experience a plus
- Experience with monitoring tools such as BMC Patrol, Tivoli Monitoring
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project deadlines
- Must be self-motivated and work well with other groups
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Working with an enterprise wide, large scale matrix environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 274078. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.