Video Production Associate
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 06/13/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The University at Albany is searching for a qualified applicant to fill the role of video production associate. This position's duties include, but are not limited to: shooting, editing and posting video content to promote athletics, in collaboration with marketing, branding and fundraising efforts. Serve as key contributor in regard to America East TV, and ESPN3 live productions. Collaborate with Marketing and Media to create in-game promotional videos for football, basketball, soccer and other events. Design and post content to social media accounts to publicize and promote the University's 18 intercollegiate sports. UAlbany is a NCAA Division I institution that competes in the America East Conference. Football is a member of the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA).
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization, in journalism, communications, public relations or a related field.
- Minimum of two years experience in video production
- Strong organizational skills to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects is a must
- Experience with video editing software, Final Cut Pro
- Supervisory experience
- Live television or comparable experience in video board operations, directing live broadcasts for football/basketball games
- Knowledge of video production/digital equipment and maintenance
- Must be proficient in basic lighting and interview techniques
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Experience in NCAA Division I athletics or professional sports
Professional Rank and Salary Range: SL-2 - Staff Assistant
Closing date for applications: July 10, 2016
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=72511
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.