- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Web Developer (R16-46)
Web Developer (R16-46)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 10/24/16
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a full-time Web Developer position located in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College is seeking an experienced front end web developer to design, code, test, debug, implement, and maintain web pages, web-based applications, documents, databases,and data-driven templates within a multi-tier architecture. Working knowledge of best practices in web development, including web accessibility and usability, is required. Works with managers, staff, and program sponsors to conceptualize new projects and recommend technical approaches to meet project deliverables. Acts as liaison to agency personnel and provides user support.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in computer science or related field from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Deep understanding of, and practical experience with, accessibility standards for the web (Section 508 and W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines).
- Experience with responsive web design techniques.
- Experience developing with ASP, PHP, Drupal, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to meet posted deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and JS frameworks.
- Experience in optimizing and incorporating audio and video for the web.
- Experience in maintaining large-scale web sites
Salary Range: Low to mid $60's
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"):http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.