- Becker Career Center
- Wellness Specialist (Part-Time), Independent Living Center of the Hudson Valley (ILCHV), Troy, NY
Wellness Specialist (Part-Time)
Troy, NY - Posted: 01/04/17 | SHARE:
The Independent Living Center of the Hudson Valley (ILCHV) is a disability rights organization that is led by and inspires people with disabilities to achieve self-determination and advocates for an integrated society. Services are designed to assist individuals with disabilities to gain greater control over their own lives. ILCHV advocates address systemic barriers that prevent equal access. ILCHV is seeking a part time Wellness Specialist in the Troy office.
The Wellness Specialist will:
- Assist in developing a strategy to address the high smoking rate in persons with disabilities through research, conducting focus groups with the target population, and contributing recommendations to a report to funder;
- Conduct a series of evidence based programs aimed at enhancing the health of people with disabilities;
- Actively participate in committees of the local Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program (DSRIP) to ensure the needs of people with disabilities will be met as the Medicaid payment system is redesigned;
- Carry out other special projects that enhance the health of people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years experience working with people with disabilities;
- Experience conducting focus groups;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Highly organized; demonstrated ability to complete required work on time;
- Preference will be given to individuals who have personal experience with disabilities.
This position is part time. The salary is $20 per hour for 15 hours per week.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Barbara Devore, Director of Development no later than January 20, 2017. The information may be mailed or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.