- Union College Home
- Offices & Services
- How We Can Help
- CMS/Cascade Support
- Uploading Files
Note: To create PDF's requires the full version of Adobe Acrobat.
Note: PDF's should be viewable in the CMS - if you encounter errors or requests to download the PDF, please contact the ITS Helpdesk and request a reinstallation of Adobe Reader.
Note: Special characters in the filename of the pdf can cause upload errors. Remove any ' " / or any other unusual characters from the filename before trying to upload to the CMS.
To Upload a New PDF or Image:
- Browse to the folder in your CMS site where you want to save the file.
- From the top blue navigation menu, select New -> File.
- Using the "Browse" button locate the file on your computer - if you received the file in an email you'll need to save it on your computer somewhere first.
- After locating the file and selecting it you will be returned to the CMS screen but the "Upload" field will include the path to the file, scroll down the page and submit your upload.
- Note: Do not include anything in the System Name field - just submit the page after successfully browsing for your file.
- The browser will refresh and display your image or pdf file. Your image may appear distorted but this is normal. Your file will be added to your folder. Note: Upper case letters will be made lowercase and spaces replaced.
To Edit an Existing PDF or Image:
If you already have a PDF or Image uploaded to the CMS but wish to swap it with a newer version the process is very easy. In the CMS, browse to the location of the PDF or Image, edit the file and you will be presented with the Upload function. You can then browse to the location of the file on your computer and upload the new version, submit the change and the file will be swapped out, simply publish the new version and the system name in the CMS will not have changed so no links will be broken.