Style Guide: Academic Ceremonies
Major College ceremonies, events and named activities are capitalized.
- Commencement (do not refer to the June ceremony as graduation)
- Convocation (held in September to open the academic year)
- Founders Day (note punctuation, held in February)
- ReUnion ’11
- Parent and Family Weekend
But the same words are lowercase when they refer not to one specific event but to such events as general occurrences:
- Successful reunions depend on alumni loyalty.
- Old-fashioned homecomings are popular.