IFAS Budget Types - FAQ

How do I request an account?

For access to IFAS, you must request an account by filling out a STAFCA.  Fill out all required information.  If you are a department chair, director, or departmental support staff, access will be provided to all accounts under the department you specify on the STAFCA.  This includes access to all Departmental, Research, Grant, and Special Activity accounts.  If you are a faculty member, administrator, or coach, you will need to provide the specific accounts for which access is required.  If you need assistance, please contact Kelly Lussier at 388-6104 or lussierk@union.edu.

How do I reconcile my accounts?

 The Transaction Detail Report will provide you with all transactions for a given date range.  It is recommended that you use this report on a monthly basis to reconcile your accounts against your receipts.  You will be notified by Financial Services when a month has closed (i.e. all transactions for the month have been posted and recorded within IFAS) and you are free to generate this report for a prior month. 

How much money do I have remaining in my account?

The Budget to Actual and Encumbrance Report will provide you with a bottom line dollar amount in a given account at any point in time.  For a specific account balance, specify the Account Code on the selection criteria screen and leave all other fields as defaulted.  The report will display a summary by object code of all expenditures for the current fiscal year.  Following this summary, you will find your account balance less outstanding encumbrances.