Payment Requests are used when a prepayment is required or when a vendor will not accept a Purchase Order or Purchasing Card. All Payment Requests follow Union College's Purchasing General Terms & Conditions.
A Payment Request Form should be used for the following types of purchases:
- Stipends & Honorariums
- Performers & Speakers
Final authority of whether a payment request will be accepted lies within the Finance Office.
Payment Request Instructions
- Payment Request forms can be obtained here
- Complete the Payment Request form by explaining completely and in detail the reasons for payment. The account number(s) and object code(s) must also be assigned.
Please note that:
- All vendors or payees require a full name and complete address.
- All payments to individuals for services rendered including performances, lectures, or other services require a Social Security Number or Federal Identification Number.
When special mailing instructions are required, please attach an addressed envelope with the Payment Request form and indicate the mailing instructions clearly on the Payment Request form.
- Attach the invoice or other appropriate backup documentation to the Payment Request form.
- Obtain the appropriate signature(s) of the Account Director(s) paying for the purchases.
- Keep a copy of the payment request form and any copies of invoices or backup information.
- The completed Payment Request form with the invoice or other appropriate documentation should be forwarded directly to Accounts Payable.
- Checks will be mailed to the payee during the next check run.