Health Professions Advisory Committee Application Overview
The Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) at Union reviews the credentials of all candidates applying to doctoral programs in medicine. Candidates are typically reviewed by the committee as either juniors or seniors, dependent upon individual applicant timelines. The committee evaluates applicants based on the same criteria used by professional schools:
Grades - both math/science and overall grade point averages
Extracurricular involvement-including clinical experience, research, volunteer work, campus involvement, leadership skills, work experience
Interpersonal skills demonstrated during interviews with committee members
* No more than four letters (ie. 2 science, 2 non-science letter writers)
*Health Professions Advisory Committee members do not write letters for students for this process.
Steps for Committee Review:
- Attend mandatory Health Professions Office January meeting
- Complete required forms
- Complete Health Professions Advisory Committee online application
- Collect no more than four evaluation letters.
- Complete two one-hour interviews with HPAC members
Contact Jennifer Clifford for details. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-388-6300)