Union College Health Professions - Building a Portfolio for Success: Beyond the Classroom
Many opportunities exist for strengthening your admission portfolio through experiences beyond the classroom.
Enhance your clinical experience and interviewing knowledge by reading through our recommended reading list derived from a variety of sources and posted to the Health Professions listserv.
in-Training: the agora of the medical student community
An online magazine for medical students written by medical students. The magazine was founded in 2012 by Union alumni Aleena Paul and Ajay Major while attending Albany Medical College
Clinical Experience and Internship Resources at Union
- Union's Stanley R. Becker Career Center maintains alumni and internship databases.
- Union's strong alumni network offers internship contacts. Visit the Health Professions in Bailey Hall 101 office for more information.
- The Health Care Practicum course (ISC 080) offered through the Health Professions Office accepts applications each term for placement in a local health care facility. Visit the Health Professions Office in Bailey Hall 101 for more information.
VolunteerMatch - Search engine for volunteer opportunities
Union College offers a variety of opportunities for study abroad.
For more information, visit our International Programs page.
- Union faculty offer ongoing research opportunities during the academic year.
- Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowships:
Work with a faculty sponsor in any field. About 30 - 40 fellowships given each summer. Applications available in the Associate Dean's Office (S&E S100) and due the beginning of March.
Union College has a variety of student groups and organization available on campus.
For more information, visit our Student Groups page.