All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. The College, which is residential and undergraduate, is home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offers 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College's strategic plan highlights the role of diversity in providing an effective education for the 21st century at the heart of our mission and vision for the College. Diversifying the student body, the faculty, the administration, the staff and the curriculum requires a commitment to honor our mission and advance our goals. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on age, sex, race, religion, religious belief, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin and veteran status.
Union College has been a HEED Award recipient in Diversity for two years running.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- Adjunct Instructor - Psychology Department
- Assistant Professor of Physics - Physics Department
- Visiting Assistant Professor (2 positions) - Mechanical Engineering
- Archives and Special Collections Librarian (7268) - Library
- Bursar (7271) - Financial Services
- Major Gifts Officer (7237) - College Relations
- Senior Major Gifts Officer (3 positions) (7255) - Major Gifts
- Administrative Assistant (7281) - English Department
- Assistant Swim Coach (7285) - Athletics Department
- Athletic Facilities Specialist (2) 7288 - Athletics
- Cleaner-PT (7279) - Facilities Services
- Dining Services - Various positions (7282) - Dining Services
- Employer Relations Office Coordinator (7286) - Becker Career Center
- Special Events Coordinator (7284) - Facilities Services
Temporary, On-Call & Per Diem Positions
- Assistant Softball Coach (T1189) - Athletics
- Laboratory Technician (T1188)
- Trolley Driver - On Call - Campus Safety