All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. The College, which is residential and undergraduate, is home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offers 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where probelm solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College's strategic plan highlights the role of diversity in providing an effective education for the 21st century at the heart of our mission and vision for the College. Diversifying the student body, the faculty, the administration, the staff and the curriculum requires a commitment to honor our mission and advance our goals. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on age, sex, race, religion, religious belief, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin and veteran status.
Union College has been a HEED Award recipient in Diversity for two years running.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- Classics Department - Visiting Assistant Professor
- Economics Department - Assistant Professor - Full Time Tenure Track
- Economics Department - Visiting Assistant Professor (2 positions)
- Electrical & Computer Engineering - Visiting Assistant Professor
- Modern Languages - Assistant Professor - Spanish and Hispanic Studies (Tenure Track)
- Athletics - 7261 Head Women's Ice Hockey Coach
- Communications - 7258 Chief Communications Officer
- Major Gifts - 7255 Major Gifts Officer (3 positions)
- Anthropology, Philosophy, Classics & Religious Studies - 7260 Administrative Assistant
- Dining Services - UC - 7214 Dining Service Worker II
- Engineering Machine Lab - 7247 Engineering Machine Lab Technician
Temporary, On-Call & Per Diem Positions
- Campus Safety - Trolley Driver - On Call
- Dining Services UC - T7246 Dining Service Worker (2 positions)
- Dining Services - UC - T7191 Dining Service Worker
- Dining Services - U Class Dining - T7231 Dining Service Worker
- Dining Services-West - T7245 Dining Service Worker
- Kelly Adirondack Center - T1184 Summer Fellowship (2 positions)