1. Union Home
  2. Offices & Services
  3. International Advising
  4. Current Students
  5. Staying in Status

Staying in Status

You are responsible for maintaining a valid immigration status while you are a student at Union College.

Within 15 days after your first arrival at Union, whether it's your first time in the U.S. or you are transferring from another U.S. institution, you are required by law to report to the International Advising office, Reamer Campus Center, Room 303.

Once you have checked in, our office can assist you with what's required to stay in status. You will be asked to sign the appropriate document, depending on your visa type, acknowledging an understanding of your responsibilities.

During your stay at Union, anytime you move into a new room, you must complete and return the Change of Address form to the International Student Services office.