Whether you’re an international student enrolled in an exchange program or admitted to Union's full-time undergraduate program, there are many preparations to make before you arrive on campus.
- First Year Important Dates and Deadlines
- Visa and immigration: How to apply for your visa.
- Making travel plans: How to get to Schenectady, NY
- What to bring: What items should you pack?
- How to navigate the U.S. Healthcare System: How to prepare medically before arriving in the U.S. and understanding your U.S. health insurance.
- Health Insurance: All international students are automatically enrolled in HTH World Wide Health Insurance.
- Apply for your I-20 here: Create an account and fill out the I-20 application form and upload your documents by August 1.
- Take the on-line Pre-Arrival Orientation course. Log in with your Union user name and password and learn about your visa interview, health insurance, U.S. classroom culture, and so much more.
Although your other responsibilities closely align with those of the U.S. students, please take note:
All first year students including international students will participate in First Year Orientation prior to the start of the school year. All incoming international and exchange students must also attend a mandatory International orientation that takes place a few days before the general First Year Orientation.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, the International Pre-Orientation will be held August 30-September 1. You must arrive on campus on either Monday, August 28 or Tuesday, August 29. First year students who have signed up for the Outdoor, Community Service, or Leadership pre-orientations will still be able to attend part of the International Orientation.
The 2017 International Orientation Schedule will be posted soon.
Be sure to visit the Wicker Wellness Center to review and complete all of your health form requirements.
Union's central mailroom is located in the Reamer Campus Center, first floor. The mailroom will supply your mailbox number and access codes. Your mailbox can be used for first-class mail and packages.