The Office of Multicultural Affairs works to engage Union's community members in a number of innovative programs and initiatives which seek to develop cultural competency, religious fluency and global awareness. We strive to create an intellectual community and campus environment that supports every member’s growth - academically, socially, culturally, and/or spiritually. We foster an inclusive climate where individuals will not be discriminated against due to race, sex, color, ethnicity, religion, age, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or disability.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs believes that key aspects to success, both here at Union and beyond, are the ability to embrace differences and the willingness to expose oneself to the many dimensions of diversity. We encourage students from all cultures to become involved in the diversity programs offered through our office.
Goals and Initiatives:
- To serve as a location for the development and awareness of campus-wide multicultural programs
- To bridge the living learning environment with academic affairs, student affairs and campus support services
- To provide a platform to address campus climate issues on diversity, safety and inclusion
- To facilitate and provide resources to professionals and students through workshops, lectures and discussion groups
- To enhance the collaboration between all campus organizations and provide programming assistance for cultural events, LGBTQ programs, religious and multi-faith programs, interdisciplinary studies and others special events
- To promote a strong campus climate that embraces diversity by understanding cultural competency, religious fluency and respect for all, including faculty, students, administrators and staff