1. Union Home
  2. Offices & Services
  3. Residential Life
  4. Housing Selection

Housing Selection

***NOTE: The Housing Selection process is for RETURNING UNION COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY.  All new students will be contacted via email to their Union Email Address with housing information for Fall 2018.***

All current Union students living on campus for any portion of the 2018-2019 academic year must complete the "On Campus Returning Application (Fall 2018)" which can be found by logging into union.edu/myhousing and clicking on the Applications tab at the top. This Application should be completed by March 23, 2018.

  • These students DO include those living in: Greek Houses, Theme Houses, and Minerva Houses.  All residential Student Staff must complete the application as well
  • Students who wish to participate in the Apartment or General Housing Selection Process will not be able to match up with roommates or select housing without completing this On Campus Returning Application.  
  • Students going on a fall term abroad must still complete the application if you plan to live on campus for the winter 19/spring 19 terms.

Step-by-step videos are below to assist students with the application, roommate matching, and room selection processes.

Greek, Theme or Minerva Houses:

If you are planning on living in a Greek, Theme, or Minerva house, once you have signed the terms and conditions and completed the questions your profile is complete. Please direct room selection process questions to the appropriate office (Greek houses - your house manager or the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life, Theme houses - house manager or Residential Life, Minerva houses - Office of Minerva Programs). 

Apartments, Fox, CPH:

Students planning on living in an Apartment (Seward, Roger Hull, Garnet Commons), Fox, or College Park Hall will need to complete: the housing terms and conditions, your individual profile, match with roommate(s) and eventually select housing in the online system.

Your specific date and time for selecting a room will be announced when you return from spring break. Once a student has completed their profile, they will receive a confirmation email that will include a copy of the housing/dining terms and conditions, and instructions on how to complete the next steps. 

  • Apartment Selection: Week 4 of Spring Term
  • General Room Selection: Week 5 of Spring Term

Students NOT Eligible due to conduct:

Students who have lost their housing selection privileges due to conduct issues must still sign their housing contract, but will be placed into housing after the room selection process ends.

Housing FAQ:

  • I've submitted my housing application but need to make a change to my answers (one of the various questions regarding preference/lifestyle or emergency contact information).  How can I do this?  Students need to email housing@union.edu and request that their application be cleared.  Once this is done the student can submit the application again.  
  • As a current student I submitted the housing application but selected the wrong meal plan.  How do I change this?  This change can not be made by clearing out the application.  Students will need to wait until the first 5 days of the fall term and go to the Union College Hospitality (Dining) Office to change their meal plan.
  • I have questions on how to complete the housing application or match up with a roommate (for current students)?  Detailed videos on how to complete these processes are available under the Housing Selection tab of the Residential Life website.  For current students- there will be information sessions available during the spring term.  
  • I'm an incoming first year student and would like to request a specific building or roommate.  Is that possible?  A survey from the Dean of Studies Office will ask for an incoming first year students' building preference and roommate request, along with questions regarding major/minor, precept preferences, etc.  Our office uses the information from the Dean of Studies survey to assign them housing.  Their personal answers to the preference/lifestyle questions, from the housing application, will be used for our housing software to match them to a roommate.
  • I live locally and would like to commute.  How do I request that?  Do I still need to complete the housing application?  Email housing@union.edu and indicate your class status, home address (must be living with a parent/guardian within 30 miles of campus) and request to be a commuter.  Someone from our office will get back to you.  If you are approved for commuter status you do not need to complete the housing application. 
  • I’m an Incoming First Year Student and am having trouble logging into union.edu/myhousing.  What do I do?  Students should contact ITS at (518) 388-6400 as this may be an issue with the email set-up/login.

Have more questions?

The below info sessions will be offered to review the step-by-step videos and answer any questions regarding the Apartment and General Housing Selection Processes.   

  • Wednesday, April 11 at 1:00pm in the Reamer Auditorium 

Please contact the Office of Residential Life (or other appropriate office) with any questions at (518) 388-6117

Additional Resources: