As part of the College's ongoing efforts to keep the campus community informed on issues related to safety and security, this page has been established to help keep members of the Campus Community informed. The following files are all pdfs.
Personal Safety Alerts:
This website provides information about registered, Level 3 sex offenders, including those who currently reside in close proximity to the Campus (the "12308" ZIP Code area for example).
Personal Safety & You:
Please consider the following personal safety practices that are useful either on or off campus:
• Use the "buddy system" when going out and avoid walking alone at night. Security escorts are available at any time on campus by calling Public Safety at 518-388-6911 or x6911.
• If you choose to walk alone at night, pay attention to your surroundings. Have your cellphone easily accessible. And program Campus Safety in your cellphone on speed dial.
If you see anyone or anything that makes you uncomfortable, call Public Safety at 518-388-6911 or x6911
• When running or walking for exercise, go with a friend and vary your route.
• Don't open residence or dorm room for people you don't know. Everyone who is authorized to enter a particular residence hall should already have key and / or card access. If you are uncomfortable saying no or shutting the person out, please call campus safety with a description and concern so we can investigate
• Close and lock your residence hall room or office every time you leave, even if you only plan to be away for a few minutes.
• Close and lock your residence hall room door when you are asleep or in the bathroom.
• Avoid asking for or accepting rides from strangers.
• If anyone attempts to force you into a vehicle or take you anywhere against your will, be prepared to do what you can to prevent that. Make lots of noise, resist if you can, and get away!
• If you live off campus, lock your home's doors and windows and use any available alarms. Renters should insist that landlords and property managers provide and properly maintain effective, secure door and window locks. Exterior doors should be solid-core wood or metal.
• Off campus, call 9-1-1 right away to report any suspicious person or activity.
• Always share your travel plans (even if you're only going to be gone for a few hours) with someone who can notify authorities in the event you aren't where you're supposed to be, when you're supposed to be there.