IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are interested in using the Bloomberg Terminal remotely, please first contact the Bloomberg Research Consultants at email@example.com to schedule time and get added to the Terminal remote access schedule.
This is because remote access is only one user at a time, and incoming users can kick current users off the Terminal: if User A logs in while the Terminal is being used by User B, User A will see a warning that s/he is logging into a Terminal that is currently being used. User A will have the option to kick User B off or try again later. If you have been kicked off the Terminal, this means a new user has logged in.
To Sign In:
If you do not have a Bloomberg Terminal account:
- Go to the BMC web portal at https://portal.bloombergforeducation.com/.
- Click "Sign Up."
- Click “Sign Up as Learner” and follow the instructions. Use only your Union credentials; do not use an email address not affiliated with Union.
- Once you have signed up, there should be a “Terminal Access” tab at the top of the dashboard--click it and follow the instructions. Be sure to enter your Union email account, not an email address not affiliated with Union.
- Verify identity. Bloomberg will call you to confirm your information. Expect a phone call from (212) 318-2000.
- Then, follow the directions in the email you receive from Bloomberg.
If / once you have a Bloomberg Terminal account:
- Go to https://bba.bloomberg.net/.
- Enter your Bloomberg Terminal username and password.
- Verify identity. Bloomberg will call you to confirm your information. Expect a phone call from (212) 318-2000 after you create a login.
Bloomberg Market Concepts
Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) is available for up to 60 students and faculty for the Spring term. Sign up is first come, first served.
To Sign In (for new users and users with Bloomberg Terminal accounts):
- To register, please visit https://portal.bloombergforeducation.com/register.
- Click “Sign Up as Learner.”
- Enter your information, including your Union email address.
- Follow the guided instructions to complete the registration process. Once you are signed in, you should be taken to the BMC course.
- Sign up for the class “Union College-BMC” by using the following class code: F9ZD7XCYJ6.
If you have questions about the Bloomberg Terminal and / or Bloomberg Market Concepts, please make an appointment with the Bloomberg Research Consultants (BRCs), Union College students who are experienced with the Bloomberg Terminal, via https://schaffer-library.appointlet.com/ (select "Bloomberg Help").