IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are interested in using the Bloomberg Terminal remotely, must reserve a spot every time you plan to log in. You can view Terminal availability and reserve blocks of time using our online booking calendar.
Reserving your time on the Terminal is required since only one user can log in at a time. Please remember to log off from your account when you are done using the Bloomberg terminal for your allotted time. This ensures that others can use the terminal for their reserved time slot. If you forget to log off, or are idle, the terminal will automatically log you off after 1 hour.
To Sign In:
If you do not have a Bloomberg Terminal account:
- Go to the BMC web portal at https://portal.bloombergforeducation.com/.
- Click "Sign Up."
- Click “Sign Up as Learner” and follow the instructions. Use only your Union credentials; do not use an email address not affiliated with Union.
- Once you have signed up, there should be a “Terminal Access” tab at the top of the dashboard--click it and follow the instructions. Be sure to enter your Union email account, not an email address not affiliated with Union.
- Verify identity. Expect an email from Bloomberg to verify your identity.
- New accounts will then need to be approved by library staff. The primary verifier for accounts at Union College is Sean Tennant (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once you have requested verification for your account, please contact Sean for final approval.
If / once you have a Bloomberg Terminal account:
- Go to https://bba.bloomberg.net/.
- Enter your Bloomberg Terminal username and password.
Bloomberg Market Concepts
Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) is available for up to 60 students and faculty for the Fall term. Sign up is first come, first served.
To Sign In (for new users and users with Bloomberg Terminal accounts):
- To register, please visit https://portal.bloombergforeducation.com/register.
- Click “Sign Up as Learner.”
- Enter your information, including your Union email address.
- Follow the guided instructions to complete the registration process. Once you are signed in, you should be taken to the BMC course.
- Sign up for the class “Union College-BMC” by using the following class code: F9ZD7XCYJ6.
If you have questions about the Bloomberg Terminal and / or Bloomberg Market Concepts, please reach out to the Bloomberg Student Consultants (BSCs), Union College students who are experienced with the Bloomberg Terminal. You can email them at email@example.com or book a virtual appointment with them during the term.