Residence Hall Closing
- Students must vacate their housing within 24 hours of their last final. All halls close at 12 NOON on Friday, 6/15/18.
- Need to stay past this date or time? Complete the “End of Year Late Stay Application” that can be found under the Applications tab when logging into union.edu/myhousing.
Reasons to complete the application and request to stay:
Performing at Commencement
Student Staff Member closing the Res Hall
Transition to On Campus Summer Housing
Volunteering for Commencement
- Students graduating, and those approved to stay until Sunday 6/17/18, must vacate their rooms by 6 pm on Sunday, 6/17/18. Students not approved to stay late will be charged $100 per night after their permitted closing date.
- Every resident is required to attend a floor meeting with your RA or House Manager to review closing procedures. These meeting dates/times and locations will be posted soon.
- Students must remove ALL personal belongings from their room, and leave their room clean. There is no personal storage on campus. We would encourage you to explore the Dorm Room Movers option. Any trash/items/damage left behind in your room will be subject to damage charges that will post to your student account over the summer. Please clean up behind yourself!
- ALL students must complete the check-out process and return their key (check out with your RA or through an express check out form). Students not checking out properly will receive a $50 improper check out fee.
- Checkout for students approved to stay until Sunday, 6/17/18 will be in the Garnet Commons 1st floor common room from 1 pm to 6 pm. College Park Hall residents will be able to checkout in CPH with Residential Life Staff.
Possible Fines During Closing
Improper Check-Out Fee: $50.00 (student did not check out with Student Staff, or did not turn in an Express Check-Out Form).
Room Key Replacement Fee: $50.00 (student did not return room key to Residential Life or via an Express Check-Out Form).
Cleaning Fee: $25.00 and up (student did not properly clean or dispose of trash from room at check-out).
Abandoned Property Fee: $25.00 and up (student did not remove all personal belongings from room at check-out). Any personal items left in the house will be discarded at the student’s expense.
Non-Approved Late Stay Fee: $100.00 per night after their permitted closing date.
Missing Furniture: If there is college furniture missing from your room/suite/apartment you will be charged the full cost for the missing item.
Dorm Room Movers
- If you require your items to be stored over the summer or shipped home, the school has partnered with Dorm Room Movers to make move-out as simple as possible. Visit their website and sign up for summer storage to reserve your spot today.
- Reminder: the university doesn’t provide moving or storage assistance but Dorm Room Movers is the preferred provider for moving, storage and shipping at Union College.
- Full service summer storage includes:
- Boxes and tape shipped to you to pack
- Pick-up and delivery by professional movers
- $100 insurance per box or unboxed item
- Climate-protected storage & 24/7 security
24 Hour Quiet Hours
- 24 hour quiet hours begins at 10 pm on Monday, June 4, 2018 to allow all students time to study and prepare for finals and papers.
Donation Day Program
- The Donation program will continue this year in an effort to decrease garbage and increase recycling of goods to community members and will occur on Monday, June 18, 2018. There will be MARKED OFF AREAS in the residence halls to leave your donation items and you’ll receive notification from staff as to where your drop off area is.
Need to Request Summer Housing?
Need to Request Summer Housing:
Step 1: Log into union.edu/myhousing using your Union username and password.
Step 2: Click on the “Applications” tab at the top and select “Summer Housing 2018 Application”.
Step 3: Read and sign off on the terms for staying over the summer break, answer the questions, and select “continue” to submit.
Complete your application by June 1, 2018 for full consideration.
Good luck with finals, and have a great summer!