Updated Fall Housing Selection Timeline
As President Harris shared in his email to campus on Friday, April 24, a new working group, Planning for Multiple Tomorrows, will consider a variety of scenarios and offer new and creative ideas for how the College can continue to achieve its mission of offering a residential liberal arts education that emphasizes integration, innovation and reflection for every student.
To support this effort, the Office of Residential Life and Minerva Programs Office are writing to let you know that we will be adjusting the timeline for fall housing selection. The Minerva, apartment and general lottery selection dates will take place at the corresponding dates listed below.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility as we navigate the challenges presented by COVID-19. The staff in Residential Life and Minerva Programs are available and ready to assist with any housing questions or support you may need. Professional staff are available to meet virtually with anyone with questions, and will have open office hours that will be posted soon. Please find details by visiting the Residential Life Calendar. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions.
All current Union students planning to live on campus for any portion of the 2020-2021 academic year must complete the " New On Campus Returning Application (Fall 2020)" which can be found by logging into union.edu/myhousing and clicking on the Applications tab at the top. This Application should be completed by July 17th at 5:00 PM, if you have not yet done so.
- These students DO include those living in: Greek Houses, Minervas, and Theme Houses, and Minerva Houses. All residential Student Staff must complete the application as well.
- Students who wish to participate in the Apartment or General Housing Selection Process will not be able to match up with roommates or select housing without completing this New On Campus Returning Application.
- The timeline for lotteries is as follows:
July 17th at 5:00 PM EST: Due date for returning students housing application
July 23, 2020: Apartment lottery
July 28, 2020: Minerva lottery
July 30, 2020: General housing lottery
Greek, Theme or Minerva Houses:
The Minerva selection process will now be occurring online during the dates below:
The Minerva selection process will now be occurring online on July 28, 2020
- Students who applied to the Minerva lottery in the spring term do not need to re-apply and will be emailed their Minerva Housing selection time.
- For students who were supposed to be on a fall term abroad or who were supposed to live in their Greek House but were not allowed to due to a reduction in density - you will be contacted by Laura Munkres and will be able to apply to live in a Minerva. Applications from these students will be due by July 14, 2020.
- All Minerva Housing selection times will be sent via email by Friday July 24, 2020.
- If you have questions contact Laura Munkres via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greek & Themes:
If you are planning on living in a Greek or Theme, once you have signed the terms and conditions and completed the questions your profile is complete. Please direct any questions regarding themes to your house manager, theme director and Greeks to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.
Updated rosters are due July 20th
If you would like to live in your Greek House, or you were already on the roster submitted in winter term, you will be considered for placement in a single room in the house. Your chapter president will be sending information on how to be considered. If you have any questions, please contact Jenn Jerussi at email@example.com.
If you are planning on living in a Theme, once you have signed the terms and conditions and completed the questions your profile is complete. Please direct any questions regarding themes to your house manager or the theme director.
If you participated in theme Housing selection during the winter term this past academic year, and were accepted into a theme house, your assignment will remain unchanged. Theme rosters have already been set, and your house manager will be working with our office to finalize all theme house placements. If you have questions regarding your theme house placement, please contact your house manager. Your house manager may reach out to you to confirm placements or make necessary changes. For additional questions, please be in contact with Tyler Itzkowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Updated Theme rosters are due by July 20, 2020.
Apartments, Davidson, Webster, CPH
Students planning on living in an Apartment (Seward, Roger Hull, Garnet Commons) or College Park Hall will need to complete: the housing terms and conditions, your individual profile, match with roommate(s) and eventually select housing in the online system.
Once a student has completed their profile, they will receive a confirmation email that will include a copy of the housing/dining terms and conditions, and instructions on how to complete the next steps.
Apartment & General selection times will be released on your "my housing"
- Apartment Lottery will occur on July 23rd, 2020
- General Room Selection will occur on July 30th, 2020
Students NOT Eligible Due to Conduct:
Students who have lost their housing selection privileges due to conduct issues must still sign their housing contract, but will be placed into housing after the room selection process ends.
- I've submitted my housing application but need to make a change to my answers (one of the various questions regarding preference/lifestyle or emergency contact information). How can I do this? Students need to email email@example.com and request that their application be cleared. Once this is done the student can submit the application again.
- As a current student I submitted the housing application but selected the wrong meal plan. How do I change this? This change can not be made by clearing out the application. Students will need to wait until the first 5 days of the fall term and go to the Union College Hospitality (Dining) Office to change their meal plan.
- I have questions on how to complete the housing application or match up with a roommate (for current students)? Detailed videos on how to complete these processes are available under the Housing Selection tab of the Residential Life website. For current students- there will be remote housing selection sessions.
- I live locally and would like to commute. How do I request that? Do I still need to complete the housing application? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your class status, home address (must be living with a parent/guardian within 30 miles of campus) and request to be a commuter. Someone from our office will get back to you. If you are approved for commuter status you do not need to complete the housing application.
Have More Questions?
Information about remote session to assist students with all aspects of housing will be made available shortly.