Become a Peer Academic Coach
Under the direction of the Director of Student Success, Peer Academic Coaches will meet with assigned students one-on-one on a weekly or biweekly basis. The Peer Academic Coach will listen to the challenges that their student is facing and will work with the student to develop skills that will enhance their academic experience. Topics to be discussed include:
- Time management
- Organizational strategies
- Study skills
- Exam preparation
- Test-taking strategies
- Avoiding procrastination
Fall 2022 applications are now closed. Please visit this webpage in October for winter 2023 opportunities.
- Must have completed 3 terms at Union
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA at Union
- Must possess excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Must be in good judicial standing at Union
- Attend/complete all required training prior to the start of the term
- Must coordinate meetings with assigned students as recommended by the Director of Student Success
- Required to meet with the Director of Student Success biweekly
- Must be available for 5 – 8 hours per week for the entire term
Peer Academic Coaches are compensated hourly. This position is work study eligible.
Please contact Lesly Clay at email@example.com.