Become an SI Leader
Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leaders are upper classmen who have completed and earned an “A” in the course. SI Leaders provide academic support by serving as a facilitator, not a tutor. Under the guidance of Student Success and the course instructor, the SI Leader will cultivate a collaborative learning environment and equip students with the tools necessary to think critically and develop effective study strategies.
- Must have completed 3 terms at Union
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA at Union
- Must have earned an "A" in the course you are applying for
- Must possess excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Must be in good judicial standing at Union
- Attend/complete all required training prior to the start of the term
- Must be available to attend the course throughout the entire term
- Must prepare and conduct two 50-minute sessions per week for the duration of the term
- Required to meet with the faculty teaching the course on a weekly basis
- Required to meet with the Director of Student Success biweekly
- Must be available for 8 – 10 hours per week for the entire term
SI Leaders will be compensated hourly. This position is work study eligible.
Please contact Lesly Clay at firstname.lastname@example.org.