Melissa Kelley, EdD, CHES
Title IX Coordinator
Since 2015, Dr. Melissa Kelley has been the Title IX Coordinator. As Title IX Coordinator she monitors the College’s overall compliance with Title IX, ensures appropriate training and education, and oversees the College’s investigation, response, and resolution of reports made under the Sexual Misconduct Policy. Upon receiving reports of Prohibited Conduct, she ensures that appropriate action is taken to eliminate that conduct, prevent its recurrence, and remedy its effects. Dr. Kelley is available to advise all individuals—including individuals who have experienced misconduct, individuals who are alleged to be responsible for misconduct, and third-parties — on the Union College Sexual Misconduct Policy and the appended Grievance Processes.
One may wish to contact the Title IX Coordinator in order to:
- seek information or training about student, staff, and faculty rights and courses of action available to resolve reports or complaints that involve potential sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct,
- file a complaint or make a report of sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct,
- notify the College of an incident or policy or procedure that may raise potential Title IX concerns,
- get information about available resources (including confidential resources) and support services relating to sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct, and
- ask questions about the College’s policies and procedures related to sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct.
Deputy Title IX Coordinator - Athletics
Phone: (518) 388-6433
If you have a complaint against a Union College student, coach, athletics’ administrator, or visiting student athlete, coach, or athletics personnel, or visiting spectator for sexual discrimination, harassment, misconduct (including sexual assault), or retaliation, you may contact Senior Associate Director of the Athletic Department who will facilitate the handling of the complaint in conjunction with the Title IX Coordinator.
Gender Equity in Athletics
If you have a complaint about gender equity in Union College athletics programs, you should contact the Senior Associate Director of the Athletic Department who is responsible for Title IX Compliance in matters related to gender equity in Union College athletics programs.