For Positive or Suspected Cases of COVID-19
Union College has an isolation protocol that is initiated when we have a positive or suspected positive case. The College has dedicated spaces for residential students who are positive, suspected positive or deemed necessary to quarantine per Schenectady Department of Health guidance.
If a student tests positive or is required to quarantine, the student must either:
- Arrange to be picked up by a parent immediately if they choose to isolate/quarantine at home, or
- Move into Union’s designated space for isolation or quarantine, which will be coordinated by Health Services.
Union College designated space for isolation and quarantine:
- Students who test positive and are asked to isolate or quarantine by Schenectady DOH will be accommodated in isolation/quarantine space.
- Faculty and staff will not have the opportunity to isolate or quarantine in these spaces.
- Students living in isolation/quarantine spaces agree to follow Schenectady DOH regulations. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action.
- Care for students in isolation or quarantine: Schenectady DOH will be in touch with students required to isolate/quarantine daily per their protocol. Union College Health Services will also monitor students during this time.