Transcripts and Grades

How to order transcripts:

All requests for transcripts of academic work taken through the undergraduate program, including part-time, full-time, day or evening, must be submitted in writing to

Office of the Registrar
Attn: Susan Pascazio
807 Union Street
Schenectady, NY 12308

The following link provides a form for your convenience:  Transcript Request Form

Transcripts will not be released if there are any outstanding holds on your account, financial or otherwise including non-payment of previous transcript requests. Transcript requests are processed on a first-in, first-out basis. Except during peak periods such as grade processing, registration and graduation, requests will normally be processed within two to four business days. We will accept faxed requests for transcripts; however, they will be processed in the same order as requests received that day in person or in the mail. All faxed requests must include the above information and be followed with payment in full. Our fax number is 518-388-6173. Requests sent via electronic mail will not be accepted.

Official transcripts are $3.00 per copy, unofficial $2.00.  The costs of special services such as delivery by express mail providers are the responsibility of the requestor and payment for these must be paid in full by the requestor before we will release the transcript.

Requests for transcripts of graduate-level work must be submitted in writing to Union Graduate College (formerly the Graduate Studies program at Union College) 80 Nott Terrace, Union Graduate College, Schenectady, NY 12308. Questions about graduate transcripts should be directed to 518-631-9845.

Requests for transcripts must contain your full name at the time of attendance, your graduation year or dates of attendance, your student ID if known or your date of birth.  All requests must be signed by the individual who transcript is being requested.  Because academic transcripts are covered by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, no exceptions are permitted to this requirement.



Final end of term grades are available for all current active students via the web at In addition, copies of grades will be issued to the parent or guardian of students only at the written request of the student. Because of questions of confidentiality, as well as the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, grades will not be released over the telephone nor will they be emailed.

Incomplete Course Work

Students must submit all work for a course not later than the closing hour of the last scheduled final examination period of each term, unless the instructor has set an earlier deadline. A grade of "Incomplete" may be requested only for extenuating circumstances beyond the control of the student, and the instructor's approval must be obtained. Both student and instructor must complete the appropriate form. This form is to be filed with the Registrar's Office when final grades are turned in.

When an "Incomplete" is granted, the course work must be completed not later than two weeks after the last day of the examination period of the term in which the "Incomplete" was granted. Course work not completed within the allotted period of time will be assigned a failing grade unless an extension of the incomplete is granted by the Dean of Studies in consultation with the instructor.

Grade Changes

Grade changes will only be made when there is clear evidence of a clerical or mathematical error in calculating the grade. All grade changes must be submitted in writing to the Registrar's Office by the faculty member responsible for grading the course and must include the written approval of the department chairperson. Grade changes for more substantive reasons must be approved by the Subcouncil on the Academic Standing of Students.