We're excited to welcome our new admitted students to the Union community. Below are ways for you to learn about the many opportunities that await you at Union. Check back here regularly as we are continually adding new videos, event details and helpful links, as well as important updates for admitted students.
Opportunities for Admitted Students
Admitted Student Open House
Click on the date below for details and to register for a virtual Open House designed just for you:
Tuesdays with Union
Join us on Tuesdays to learn more about Union from current students and faculty. Topics will vary each week, and you may attend one or all of the events.
Visit the Tuesdays with Union site to sign up and to view the schedule of weekly topics.
Join current Union students who will share their experiences on a variety of topics!
Click on the date to pre-register, or join with the Zoom link at the event time.
All programs begin at 7:00 p.m. (Eastern Time):
January 26, 2021: Interdisciplinary Research
- In China: https://zoom.com.cn/j/99307952172
February 23, 2021: Study Abroad
- In China: https://zoom.com.cn/j/99461376336
March 23, 2021: Community Engagement
- In China: https://zoom.com.cn/j/96802210773
Connect with Students
Chat with a current student
Student ambassadors are available to answer your questions about student life, study abroad programs, research, interdisciplinary studies and more.
- Get started here
One-on-one meeting with a current student
For a more in-depth conversation with a current student, we can schedule something via phone, Zoom or Google Meet.
- Request to be contacted here
Connect on social media
There are multiple ways to meet other admitted students and members of the Union community, share your excitement, ask questions, and exchange social media handles.
Note: before planning a visit to campus, please review our current visitor requirements, including New York State's travel advisory. New York State has additional requirements if you will be visiting from a state not adjacent to New York.
Campus Virtual Tour
- Tour Union's Campus through photos, while learning more about academic, residential and recreational stops along the way.
- Guided Virtual Tour: Looking for a guided tour experience? Student tour guides offer live narrated versions of the virtual tour while answering questions and sharing their Union stories. (You can also check out the short video tour in the section below!)
Videos Designed Especially for You
The following videos are hosted on Vimeo. If Vimeo is blocked in your country, you can access the videos here.
Introductions and Welcomes
- Welcome from President David Harris
- Developing Every Student: Matt Malatesta '91, VP for Admissions and Financial Aid, offers an intro to Union for admitted students
- Touring Union's Beautiful Campus with student tour guide Lauren Smith '20
- Inclusion and Diversity at Union: Michael Moore, Associate Dean of Admissions and Coordinator of Multicultural Recruitment, is joined by Emily Coello '20 for a conversation about our inclusive community
- Academic Life at Union: Dean of Studies Michele Angrist and Class Dean Derek Zuckerman speak about advising, trimesters and how to choose a major.
- Why Study Humanities at Union?: Professor Jennifer Mitchell discusses exciting courses in English and other disciplines
- Why Study Science at Union?: Associate Professor of Physics and Director of Undergraduate Research Chad Orzel discusses the benefits of STEM and liberal arts coming together at Union
- Bonus Video! Check out Professor Orzel demystifying quantum mechanics at TED@NYC 2013
- Why Study Engineering at Union?: Director of Engineering, Becky Cortez, provides an introduction to Union's ABET-accredited engineering majors
- A Taste of the First-Year Classroom: Professor Stephen Schmidt, representing Social Sciences at Union, offers a sample First Year Preceptorial and explains how it fits into the College's Common Curriculum.
- Make Things Happen: An overview of the career planning process at Union from Bob Soules, Director of the Becker Career Center
- Why Union: From Students to Students
- Bonus Video! Why Union: From Parents to Parents
- Thrive at Union: Dean of Students Fran'Cee Brown-McClure welcomes students to come as they are and find their community at Union
- Four Years at Union: Assistant Dean of Admissions Rachel McNeil '18 shares memories from her time at Union with those about to embark on their own college adventure
- Touring Schenectady with President David Harris
- Minervas, Uniquely Union: Michelle Osborn, Director of Minerva Programs and Class Dean, explains how the Minerva House Program builds community on campus
- Residential Life at Union: Fast facts about housing options and living on campus
- Young Alumni Voices: Recent Union graduates share what they're up to now
- Financial Aid Advising
- Enroll at Union
- COVID-19 Admissions FAQ