Find your niche
With more than 100 clubs and organizations to choose from, you're certain to find one that matches your interests or talents or simply sparks your curiosity.
Check out performance and art clubs, multicultural and religious groups, the student newspaper and literary magazine, Greek organizations and academic honor societies.
Many clubs and organizations are led by students, for students. Don't see what you're looking for? Start your own club. The Student Forum oversees the creation of most new clubs and organizations.
Still need more guidance? Visit the Office of Student Activities in Reamer Campus Center to get acquainted with the friendly staff (and their bottomless candy box).
- Sports & recreation
Play, get fit, have fun
The integration of first-rate academics and athletic activities is an important part of the Union experience. Sports teams and clubs, fitness, cheering from the sidelines - Union has everything you'll need to complement your academics and enrich your day-to-day campus life.
- Union is a Division III school with Division I men's and women's ice hockey.
- We are a member of the NCAA, the Liberty League and ECAC Hockey.
- In addition to varsity sports, students are active in men's, women's and
co-ed club sports and intramurals - from rugby to rock climbing and skiing to soccer.
- Wellness offerings include aerobics and other group fitness classes, dance courses, physical training, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Theme Houses
Union's Theme Houses offer like-minded students the chance to live together and connect through common interests:
- ARTS House
- Bronner House (multicultural)
- Culinary House
- Dickens House (literature)
- Iris House (LGBTQ+)
- Maker House (creativity and collaboration)
- Ozone House (sustainable living)
- Religious Diversity House
- Rights House (civil liberties)
- Symposium House (discussion)
- Tech House
- Thurston House (Asian studies)
- Wells House (community service)
- Fraternities and sororities
The College’s continued commitment to the Greek system is based upon the significant opportunities these organizations provide their members in the areas of personal and social growth, in academic and intellectual development, and in acquiring skills in leadership and community service. The College’s rich Greek history is reflected on campus each year during Homecoming and Family Weekend, Greek Week and ReUnion. Members of the Greek community sponsor a variety of philanthropic and social activities for the entire Union community.
- Delta Phi Epsilon (Potter House)
- Gamma Phi Beta (Hickok House)
- Multicultural Greek Council (219 Seward Place)
- Sigma Delta Tau (Raymond Hosue)
- Kappa Alpha (Davidson House)
- Delta Kappa Epsilon (Fox House)
- Sigma Phi (Davidson House)
- Alpha Delta Phi (Fero House)
- Chi Psi (Potter House)
- Theta Delta Chi (Edwards House)
- Sigma Chi (Raymond House)
Held early in the fall term, the Club Expo is the perfect introduction to everything from the African and Latino Alliance to WRUC, the first radio station in the nation.
Click here to view a list of clubs & organizations