Degree: Bachelor of Arts
As a Union College philosophy major you will explore these profound questions and more in a breadth of courses with faculty known for their scholarship and for being accessible and supportive. They will encourage your development of skills in critical and abstract thinking, writing and the evaluation of different points of view.
Courses and requirments
In one of the most prominent speaker series in the country, noted and influential philosophers regularly visit campus to discuss new work. Past talks have focused on everything from moral relativism, racialized forgiveness and concepts of human dignity to Tibetan Buddhist moral psychology. All events are open to the public, and philosophy students can take a course, New Directions in Philosophy, that focuses on the work discussed in the series.
The Philosophy Club publishes the student-run Ephemeris, considered the nation’s premier undergraduate journal in the field. Since its founding two decades ago, the journal has published exceptional writing from students from across the nation and the world. Contributions are solicited in all areas of philosophy, including metaphysics, ethics, political theory, epistemology, feminist philosophy, philosophy of race, Eastern philosophy and philosophy of the mind.
- Associate, international law, White & Case LLP
- Business systems analyst, SUNY Research Foundation
- Communities manager, Solutions Journalism Network
- Corporate paralegal, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Financial advisor, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Investigator, Office of Chittenden County State Attorney
- Public communications assistant, Investment Company Institute
- Senior analyst, Walker & Dunlop
Connect with Union
Questions about this major? Contact email@example.com. Ready to apply? Click the button below.