Incoming students have an important resource in Kate Schurick, the Dean of First-Year Students. She works with first-year students and their families to navigate social, academic, and personal issues. There are many supports available and a rich community that will promote growth, responsibility, and leadership on campus.
Coming to the Steinmetz Symposium?
Union invites the Class of 2020 to visit on May 6th for the Steinmetz Symposium and learn about some of the fabulous undergraduate research opportunities awaiting you. Lunch will be provided.
If you plan on attending please email Kate Schurick, the Dean of First-Year Students to let us know.
Class of 2020 Deadlines
Additional information will be provided in the upcoming newsletters sent to students and parents.
- Choose an initial major/area of interest
- Complete general biographical info form
- Request transfer credit of previous college work
- Select Preceptorial and other courses (see email)
- Registration opens for optional pre-orientation (first come, first-serve)
- Dates and venues of summer sendoff events announced
- Complete placement exams in math and chemistry
- Submit academic accomodation documentation (click on "New Student")
- International Students
- All Students
- Orientation app, OohLaLa, available for download
- Complete incoming student employment application if offered work-study
- Fall term payment due date
- Complete parent access to student account billing
- Complete monthly tuition payment plan form
- Complete student health insurance form
- Accept student loans
- Mailroom begins accepting packages
- Summer reading assignment (see newsletters)
- Learn the Alma Mater
- Register for Resnet
- Make sure your computer has been updated with the latest security patches and updates
- Current antivirus software is required to use the Union network
- Sign up for ITS password self-service program
- Student athletes: complete fall sports medical and bio forms (see email)
- Claim your Merit page (see email)
- Sign-up for bookstore options, including