The health of our community is a shared responsibility. Please do your part to limit exposure and spread of illness by following common sense steps such as staying away from campus when you’re ill - whether it’s with COVID-19, the flu or another infectious illness - and getting tested when symptomatic for COVID-19.
The College no longer requires COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters for members of our community. We recommend that everyone stay up to date on their vaccinations, including boosters, as recommended by their health care provider.
- We do not require that masks be worn in classrooms or other public spaces on campus, but individuals are feee to wear masks at any time.
- Community members have the discretion to request that others wear a mask while in small, non-classroom spaces on campus, such as faculty and staff offices and residence hall rooms.
- Similarly, those requesting that someone be masked should respect that there may be valid reasons for an individual to choose not to wear a mask. In those instances it may be preferable to conduct the interaction in another manner, such as via email or Zoom.
- Employees wishing to be considered for a workplace accommodation to allow them to require others to wear masks in their workspaces due to medical concerns should contact HR for details about the process.
- We encourage those exhibiting mild symptoms of illness on campus consider wearing a mask when around others.
Guidance for employees who test positive
- Report a positive test result to Gwen Pulvirent in Human Resources( firstname.lastname@example.org ) who will provide you with information regarding isolation and next steps.
- Please let those who were in close contact with you know that you tested positive. People are most contagious the 48 hours prior to experiencing symptoms or testing positive.
- Notify your supervisor.
- CDC guidance still calls for COVID-19 positive individuals to isolate for at least five days from the onset of symptoms or the date of their positive test result. HR will provide individual guidance for employees when they report their positive test.