Degree: Bachelor of Science
Computer science at Union takes place within an interdisciplinary environment that mixes theory and practice and encourages creative problem solving.
You will explore the field through a variety of mid-level and upper-level electives, including web programming, game development, language processing, modeling and simulation, robotics, visualization, parallel computing, user interfaces and bioinformatics.
Our program prepares students for a range of future opportunities. You can choose to major in CS or pursue an interdepartmental major that combines CS with another field. You can also minor in CS; in digital media, which explores explore the interaction between creative and computational processes; or in data analytics, which promotes the application of core skills in programming and statistics.
Students graduate with a strong knowledge base as well as experience that is relevant for today's computing world.
Beyond the classroom
Complementing your academics is the chance to participate in Virtual Union. This student group runs one of the larger computer systems on campus, maintains student web pages, and gives students a chance to learn about and do system administration and web development.
- Associate software engineer, Fidelity investments
- Database Developer, AcuStream
- Producer, Vicarious Visions
- Software engineer, Philips Healthcare
- Senior systems engineer, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Senior engineer, General Dynamics C4 Systems
- Systems analyst/software engineer, International Atomic Energy Agency
- Tools and integration engineer, Catalia Healt
- Vice President, Morgan Stanley