Degree: Bachelor of Science
At Union, you'll enjoy being part of a community of scholars that values and enjoys mathematical exploration and inquiry. We are dedicated to helping students develop the ability to reason logically, understand abstract concepts and solve problems, and to producing versatile mathematicians who grasp the complexities in their field.
Courses and requirements
Faculty and student research
Our faculty conduct research in fields as diverse as commutative algebra, topological data analysis, fair division, voting theory, statistics, algebraic topology, simplicial and differential geometry, medical imaging and the history of mathematics. They also guide students in research projects throughout the academic year and during our summer research program. Many students go on to present their findings at professional conferences and Union’s own Steinmetz Symposium.
Math students share their love of the field beyond the classroom. The Union chapter of the Association for Women in Mathematics hosts many events, including dinners with professors, programs with local middle and high school students, themed discussions and more. The active student-led Math Club meets regularly for movie and game nights, discussions, volunteer work, problem-solving sessions and – a campus favorite – a Pi Day bake sale for charity.
- Actuarial analyst, Watson Wyatt Worldwide
- Associate vice president, Barclay’s Capital Inc.
- Associate Professor of Mathematics at Saddleback College
- CAMD lab coordinator, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Data science associate, Fannie Mae
- Financial analyst, Starr Companies
- Foreign affairs officer and AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellow, U.S. Department of State
- Integration engineer, Leidos Inc.
- Mathematics teacher, various high schools
- Professor of mathematics, University of Berkeley
- Professor of mathematics, Kent State University
- Professor of mathematics, University Notre Dame
- Software developer, Allscripts
- Teacher, Fairfield Public Schools
- Visiting assistant professor of mathematics, College of Holy Cross
Connect with Union
Questions about this major? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Ready to apply? Click the button below.