Community Engagement Goals
- Build meaningful long-term relationships with campus and community partners.
- Assess needs in Schenectady and, in collaboration with our partners, identify how Union College can best serve as a resource.
- Facilitate student growth and development through volunteer experiences.
Community Engagement Learning Objectives
- As a result of participating in Community Engagement activities, students will understand the needs of the larger Schenectady community.
- Students who volunteer on and off campus with Community Engagement will reflect on their experience to understand the importance of volunteerism and its impact on the community and in the lives of volunteers.
- As a result of volunteering, students will gain leadership skills that support their personal growth.
- Through their interaction with Schenectady organizations and people, students will develop cross-cultural awareness that broadens their understanding of diverse communities.