By: Dorothy Hazan '16
Taylor Music Center continues its Taylor Time! concert series this week with a Japanese-inspired lecture at 5 p.m. Monday in Emerson Auditorium.
"The Ideal Idol: Making Music with Hatsune Miku, the 'First Sound of the Future,'" will feature Jennifer Matsue, associate professor of music. She will share the innovative musical experience of Hatsune Miku, an animated figure, voiced by a singing synthesizer application developed by Crypton Future Media.
The weekly Taylor Time! performances are designed to be accessible to all Union students, faculty and staff. Just 50 minutes long, these short concerts provide music to fit your schedule. Admission is free.
Future winter term concerts will include the following performances:
- Jan. 25 - Stefan Kiessling, performing music by Johann Sebastian Bach on the organ.
- Feb. 1 - Jacqueline Tyo and Friends, performing "I've Been to the Mountaintop: Songs and Stories"
- Feb. 8 - "33 Fire Monkeys: An Experience of Chinese Instruments," featuring Union students on Chinese Instruments in a celebration of Chinese New Year
- Feb. 15 - Christine Gevert, performing "Six Stories of Immigrants in the Music of Baroque Keyboard Composers" on the harpsichord
- Feb. 22 - Harry Pellegrin, playing the guitar
- Feb. 29 - "Vespers Alla Bolognese: Unearthed treasures from 18th-century Italy," featuring Union College Chorale and period orchestra.
- March 7 - Student Recital, featuring students from the Chamber Music practicum and private lessons