For the sixth straight year, the Kenney Community Center is sponsoring Random Acts of Kindness Week with activities on- and off-campus Feb. 13-17.
It is collaborating with several groups, including Greek organizations (Sigma Delta Tau, Alpha Delta Lambda, Delta Kappa Epsilon, Alpha Phi Omega), Hillel and others. In addition, local businesses and several departments on campus have donated raffle items.
“Random Acts of Kindness has become a well-received campus tradition,” said Janet Sweeney, Kenney’s associate director of Community Outreach. “The activities are fun and engaging for all who take part and a great way to spread good will in the middle of the winter. Look for our tables, receive our acts of kindness and pass them on.”
Among the events scheduled:
- Monday, Feb. 13: Kick-off event in Reamer Campus Center
- Tuesday, Feb. 14: A visit to the Schenectady City Mission to deliver Valentine's Day candy
- Wednesday, Feb. 15: Prize Wheel of Kindness and free hot cocoa at Reamer
- Thursday, Feb. 16: Thank you card tables in Reamer and West College
- Friday, Feb. 17: Free hugs and Hershey kisses distributed in Reamer, with a visit scheduled to a local nursing home
For more information on Random Acts of Kindness and other ways to volunteer around the community, contact Sweeney at email@example.com.