The College is set to welcome hundreds of visitors to campus Oct. 20-22 for Homecoming and Family Weekend.
Alumni, parents, students and friends have a jam-packed schedule of events that range from campus tours, class visits and athletic events.
Highlights from the weekend include:
- “Nott’s Boys and the Purchase of Alaska: A Sesquicentennial Celebration” – A talk looking back at the successful purchase of Alaska featured not only William Seward, Class of 1820, but a group of extraordinary Union College alumni: Ambassador to France John Bigelow (1835), General-in-Chief Henry W. Halleck (1836), President Chester Alan Arthur (1848), Assistant Secretary of State Frederick Seward (1849), and Reverend Sheldon Jackson (1855). The common thread "knotting" them together was Eliphalet Nott.
- Pumpkin Carving Competition at 4:30-6 p.m., Friday on the Reamer patio
- Historic tours of campus throughout the weekend
- Open house and exhibit at the Kelly Adirondack Center (shuttle provided)
- Several athletic contests, including football, women’s rugby, women’s soccer, men’s ice hockey and field hockey.