Administrative office moves are underway across campus. This particular project has been the largest office rearrange that has been planned in many years at Union.
“Anytime a full department of people undergoes a move to another space there are many details that need to be worked out,” said Loren Rucinski, director of Facilities Services. “When multiple departments are moved, a sequence plan has to be developed that relates to the amount of time it will take to prepare the physical space for its new inhabitants and when they can move.”
“Our staff of carpenters, electricians, and plumbers did a terrific job completing all the work in-house in order to push the schedule and save costs,” Rucinski added.
Offices moving this fall are:
- Advancement Information Services – AIS staff has moved out of 17 South Lane into swing space at 2 Nott Terrace. In January, their staff will move into their final location at 69 Union Ave.
- Communications and Marketing – Communications staff will be leaving 69 Union Ave. (next door to Abbe Hall) and moving to the second and third floors of Silliman Hall. Their expected move date is around the week of Nov. 15.
- Financial Planning and Analysis – Staff (formerly located in Silliman Hall) will be moving to the first floor of 17 South Lane around the week of Nov. 15.
- Human Resources – HR staff has been moved from 17 South Lane into their new space in College Park Hall, previously held by Campus Safety.
- Institutional Research, Sponsored Programs and Special Projects – All three departments will be leaving the third floor of Silliman Hall and moving to the second floor of 17 South Lane. Their expected move date is the week of Nov. 15.
- Student Affairs – A number of offices within Student Affairs have swapped locations within the third floor of Reamer Campus Center, including the Title XI office, and Disability Services and International Advising.