2017 Spring Term Applications - What Happens Next?
- Decision letters will be in mailboxes after 4:00 pm on Friday, October 14.
- Confirmation process if accepted:
- If participating, you must pay a $350 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit, cash or check (payable to Union College), to the cashier’s office in McKean House no later than Tuesday, October 25, 2016. On the memo, write your name, student ID, and Program Name deposit. Ex. J. Smith, 12345657, Florence deposit. If you bring the deposit to the cashier’s office, the hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. – noon and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Otherwise, you can mail the deposit to the following address:
Cashier’s Office/McKean House
807 Union Street
Schenectady, NY 12308
- The International Programs office will consider the non-refundable deposit as your binding and irrevocable program preference.
- If the confirmation deposit is not paid by the above date, we will take this to mean that you are no longer interested in this program and your name will be withdrawn from the program.
- If you have applied to other spring term programs, please note that once you place a deposit on a program, your name will be removed from all other programs whether you are accepted, wait listed or wait pooled.
- If you seek financial assistance, be sure to check with financial aid. For those who are eligible and going on winter or spring term programs, Gilman Scholarship applications are due Tuesday, October 4, and Freeman Asia Scholarship applications (for Cambodia) are due Thursday, October 13. For assistance in completing one of these applications, contact Lynn Evans, Director of National Fellowships/Scholarships.
Our International Programs Office is a hub for learning about Union's diverse study abroad opportunities. Throughout the year, we offer information sessions on how to plan and prepare for overseas studies. Your major advisor and other professors can also offer advice about studying abroad, and students share their abroad experiences at regular meetings and lunch-time talks. We also provide information and resources for international exchange students whom we welcome into our community.
- Programs at a Glance
- Map of Program Options
- Union College ranks #6, Most Popular Study Abroad Programs (Princeton Review 2017)