Templeton Institute (TI) Wednesdays
One of our signature events, TI Wednesdays, brings together faculty and staff to meet with their colleagues, get to know each other better, and discuss new ideas and potential integrative collaborations. Each TI Wednesday features a topic (e.g., Academic Honesty, Artificial Intelligence, etc.), and participants will be encouraged to spend at least part of the time discussing such topics together. From time to time, a brief “lightning talk” may be scheduled to stimulate conversation.
Winter 2024 TI Wednesdays
January 10: Community Engagement, led by staff from the Kenney Community Center
January 17: Sustainability, Social Change, and the Role of Higher Education
January 24: Local Biodiversity and its Conservation
February 7: Digital Scholarship Initiatives from Schaffer Library and Union's Digital Studies Program
- explore how to include a Digital Studies module into your course(s)
- consider developing an entire course for the Digital Studies Minor
- generate ideas and identify ways that you are likely already engaged in Digital Scholarship.
February 21: International Student Experiences
International Advising supports degree-seeking and exchange students studying in the US on F1 or J1 visas in the following areas:
- Understanding and maintaining their visa status
- Working as an international student on or off campus
- Post-graduate training and work opportunities
- Traveling and re-entering the U.S.
- Academic, social, and cultural adjustment to the U.S.
- Connection to campus resources
February 28: Union's Makerspace, Maker Web, and Critical Making
March 6: Mental Health: A discussion on student mental health issues on campus