Studio Fine Arts
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
As a fine arts student at Union, you can expect to thrive in a close-knit environment in which you gain the confidence and skills needed to make, understand and appreciate art.
Courses and requirements
- Interdepartmental major
Make yourself at home in the Feigenbaum Center for Visual Arts. This spacious, light-filled building has outstanding studios for drawing, printmaking, metalworking, sculpture, and 2D and 3D design; a three-room painting wing; a media lab; photography suites and dark rooms; individual studio spaces for advanced students; and more. The Crowell and West Galleries typically showcase two professional artist exhibitions and two exhibitions of student work during the academic year.
You’ll enjoy real opportunities to exhibit your own art, including in the Crowell and West Galleries in the visual arts building, Wikoff Student Gallery in the Nott Memorial, and at Steinmetz Symposium, a campus-wide event dedicated to research and creative work. The Department of Visual Arts also sponsors an exciting roster of visiting artists, including alumni who return to campus to talk about their experiences and career paths.
Field trips and study abroad
Join your classmates and professors on excursions to New York City galleries, museums and studios. Discover world-class regional art attractions such as the Clark Art Institute, Mass MOCA and Storm King Art Center. Study digital art on a term abroad in Florence or pursue drawing and printmaking on a mini-term in Paris.
- Curatorial division research associate, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Designer and principal, DesignGLXY
- Director of impact teams, Common Energy
- Educator, Hudson River Museum
- Interactive engineer, TikTok/ByteDance
- Manager of stewardship and administration, Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston
- Marketing and graphic designer, Hubbell
- Public art administrator, Cambridge Arts Council, Boston
- Researcher, Catalogue Raisonné, Roy Lichtenstein Foundation
- User experience consultant, Center for Digital Experiences, Pratt Institute
- UX designer and front-end web developer
- Visual effects artist, DreamWorks Animation
Connect with Union
Questions about this major? Contact email@example.com. Ready to apply? Click the button below.