OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
Last updated July 28, 2022
Union College will be hosting a day long college preview event for high-achieving students from diverse backgrounds. This event is designed to allow students to learn more about our academic offerings; give them an authentic view of what life can be like at Union; and provide opportunities to engage with current students, faculty and college leaders.
Because we understand that traveling may pose a significant financial burden for many families, the College will cover the cost of transportation and campus meals for students traveling by bus or train within approximately 3-5 hours from Schenectady. No overnights or fly-ins are offered in fall 2022.
See below for application requirements and additional details.
- Monday, October 10, 2022
Our 2022 GTKU event will be offered in conjunction with a campus Open House on Monday, October 10.
- High school senior in fall 2022.
- B+ average or above in core high school courses (English, History, Math, Science, World Language).
- Enrollment in challenging courses (Honors, AP, IB).
- ACT or SAT scores may be considered. Submission of these test scores is optional.
- Genuine interest in learning more about Union's academic and community experience.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- GTKU Application, including copy of high school transcript (with grades through junior year) and short answer question (50-100 words): Why are you interested in Union College?
- Completed GTKU applications are due by Wednesday, September 21, 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
- Decisions will be emailed to all applicants by September 30.
The selection committee will prioritize students from traditionally under-represented backgrounds. BIPOC, first-generation students and low income students are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please note all Union visitors are required to have a completed COVID-19 vaccination series or a negative COVID-19 test (test administered within 72 hours of the visit).
Final details will be included with a student's invitation to attend.
If you have any questions about Union's GTKU event, please contact email@example.com or (518) 388-6112.