Who We Are?
The BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) Employee Alliance was formed in Fall 2021 by BIPOC employees. This group is for BIPOC employees at Union to foster a community and create a visible social network for those employees who identify as BIPOC. BIPOC Employee Alliance recognizes our intersectionalities as communities spanning borders, genders, races, and other identities. We recognize the unique cultures and experiences of our communities and join in solidarity for the advancement and retention of employees who identify as BIPOC.
Our priorities include:
- Reliance on the active and intentional participation of all members who self-identify as BIPOC and are employed by Union College.
- Strengthen the relationships among BIPOC Employees within the Union College community
- Foster a sense of community and mutual support through social gatherings, networking, and coalition-building
- Support the administration's recruitment and retention efforts
- Engage with the campus community on issues related to BIPOC experiences and anti-racism
- Outreach to students and student groups to promote academic, social, and overall well-being
For more information, please contact Dr. Deidre Hill-Butler at