The nationally-ranked Mechanical Engineering program at Union College offers an engineering education in a liberal arts environment. Emphasis on close student-faculty interactions, international study and undergraduate research sets us apart. The Mechanical Engineering program is designed to prepare students to practice their profession in the global engineering community of the 21st century.
Main components of the program are:
- a strong core in engineering fundamentals, mathematics and basic science
- a strong liberal arts education
- significant hands-on laboratory experiences and design projects
- opportunities for undergraduate research
- an international experience designed into the curriculum
The Mechanical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.