A story announcing an $11 million gift from the Feigenbaum Foundation was the most viewed article during the 2014-15 academic year on the College’s news site.
The April 1 piece garnered nearly 3,000 unique page views, almost a thousand more clicks than the second most popular article, a January piece about applications to Union approaching a new record.
A story in April announcing Devin Wenig ’88 as commencement speaker was the third most clicked-on article, followed by a story introducing the Watson Fellowship nominees and the list of Fulbright grant winners.
On social media, the most popular Facebook post of the year was a January item about Union being named one of the 20 most beautiful campuses in the country by the Princeton Review.
On Twitter, the most popular tweet highlighted the championship banner being raised in honor of the men’s hockey team’s first NCAA Division I national title.
Union’s award-winning news site garnered nearly 205, 000 unique views during the academic year, making it one of the College’s most popular websites.
Content on the site has been honored for five straight years by the Council for the Advancement of Secondary Education (CASE).
Most viewed stories of 2014-15:
1. $11 million gift from Feigenbaum Foundation will have far-reaching impact on Union campus
2. Applications to Union approach 6,000, a new record
3. Top eBay executive Devin Wenig ’88 to speak at Commencement
4. Meet the Watson Fellowship nominees
5. Four from Union named Fulbright grant winners
6. eBay executive bids graduates sage advice
7. Prize Day winners 2015
8. Union to build cogeneration plant
9. ‘Karp is a coup’: Renovated building draws high praise
10. Feeling unloved? Like this post