The President's Commission on the Status of Women will host a cross-disciplinary roundtable discussion at 12:30 p.m. Monday, May 15 at Karp Hall 105.
The event will feature female faculty discussing the underrepresentation of women in several academic fields, including philosophy, mathematics, physics, astronomy, economics, engineering, computer science and music.
The panelists include:
- Valerie Barr, visiting professor of computer science
- Rebecca Cortez, associate professor of mechanical engineering
- Brenda Johnson, professor of mathematics
- Kaywana Raeburn, the Feigenbaum Assistant Professor of Behavioral Economics
- Krisanna Scheiter, the John D. MacArthur Assistant Professor of Philosophy
- Hilary Tann, the John Howard Payne Professor of Music
- Heather Watson, assistant professor of physics and astronomy