Request A Training
Education and training are important aspects of a healthy Title IX culture. The Title IX Office works to training the various populations within the Union College community including student groups, teams, and organizations, faculty divisions, and staff departments. Members of the Title IX team including the Deputy Title IX Coordinators, investigators, and hearing panelists undergo special annual trainings to ensure they are facilitating all College procedures effectively.
Trainings facilitated by the Title IX Office can be found below. If you are looking for the Title IX Office to facilitate a training or workshop for you, please complete the Title IX Training & Request Form below.
Employee Training & Education
Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
In compliance with New York State HR laws, employees of the College undergo sexual harassment prevention training to learn about preventing and reporting sexual harassment in employment.
What Do You Mean By Mandatory? Responsible Employees at Union College
All employees at Union College, except those deemed confidential resources, are considered Responsible Employees. This training session discusses the who, what, when, where, and why or reporting obligations.
Title IX Team Training & Education
Member of the Title IX team including the Title IX Coordinator, Deputy Title IX Coordinators, investigators, and hearing panelists undergo annual training to ensure the equitable facilitation of our procedures incompliance with New York State and federal law.
Student Conduct Institute Posted Training
Additional Educational Resources
The following resources may provide additional education or assistance regarding gender-based misconduct related topics. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Title IX Coordinator.
Sexual Assault Awareness & Safety Explained for International Students by ISI
- LGBTQ+ Resources:
- LGBTQ+ Allies (Union College affiliated)
- Pride Center of the Capital Region
- Human Rights Campaign
- Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network
- Sexual Assault/Rape/Title IX Resources
- NYCASA – New York State Coalition against Sexual Assault: 1 (800) 942-6906
- RAINN – Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network: 1 (800) 656-4673
- Know Your IX
- 1in6 - For Male Survivors
- Title IX - The Clearinghouse for All Things Title IX
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- US Department of Justice, Office on Violence against Women
- Study Abroad Resources:
- Information about Healthy Sexuality: