Email your questions, concerns, and requests for assistance to the Web Communications Help Desk at email@example.com.
Help us, help you
- The Web Communications Help Desk should be your first point of contact.
- Make sure you are emailing the correct account: firstname.lastname@example.org and NOT email@example.com.
- Details matters. Include links to the web page(s) you are editing. Screen captures are also a good way to provide context. (Additional pointers may be found below.)
- Be proactive. Take advantage of the bi-weekly Zoom sessions to get comfortable with the system.
Web address of the page you need help with or the address of your office/dept./program homepage.
Description of what you need help with (examples below)
Creating a new page
- Page title?
- Include a link to the page in the menu?
Finding a document in the media library to replace with a new version
- Provide a page that is currently linking to the document.<br /
Editing and uploading an image
- Attach a high resolution of the image to the email.
- Provide the page where the image should be embedded.
- What size should the image be? Full screen width? ½ screen width, ¼ screen width
Do you need a new user to be given access to your organization?
- What is the new user’s name and email address?
- Are there any individuals who we should remove from the access list?
Do you have a new faculty/staff member to add to your organization?
- Create a new Faculty or Staff profile by going to Workbench, Create Content, Faculty or Staff. Fill in all the information and scroll down to the bottom and click save.
- Send us a 500 px X 500 px profile image and we will add the profile image to your newly created Faculty or Staff profile page.
Did you encounter an error when using the site?
- What was the error message?
- Is it possible to take a screenshot to attach to your email?